When it comes to jazz festivals, comfort is key. But that doesn't mean you have to sacrifice style. Whether you're attending a jazzy bar night downtown or a high-end jazzy concert at the Apollo Theater, there are plenty of outfit ideas that will keep you looking and feeling your best. For starters, avoid wearing stilettos at all costs.
Not only are they uncomfortable, but they can also be dangerous when walking around the festival grounds. Instead, opt for comfortable shoes like tennis shoes or flip flops. When it comes to clothing, the band's t-shirts never go out of style. Show your love for the Rolling Stones with a Schnell Studio t-shirt, or pick up a vintage-inspired Madeworn t-shirt featuring legends like Fleetwood Mac, Led Zeppelin, and the Beach Boys.
Hemline also has a great selection of band t-shirts and tank tops, as well as their own festival t-shirts and tank tops. If you're looking for something more unique, Stonefree in the South Market District has a wide selection of cheesy pieces that call out those who mainly go to the festival for food. Think tanks that say “I'm here because of the mango freeze” and “I'm here for the crab bread”. No matter what you choose to wear, make sure it's something that will keep you comfortable in the heat and humidity of New Orleans.
Here are 18 outfit ideas for your next jazz date night:
- A lightweight sundress with sandals
- A pair of shorts with a tank top and sneakers
- A flowy maxi dress with a denim jacket
- A pair of jeans with a graphic tee and sandals
- A romper with a jean jacket and sneakers
- A jumpsuit with a belt and sandals
- A skirt with a tank top and sandals
- A pair of shorts with a crop top and sneakers
- A flowy blouse with jeans and sandals
- A pair of jeans with a blouse and heels
- A dressy jumpsuit with heels
- A pair of jeans with a blazer and heels
- A skirt with a blouse and heels
- A dressy romper with heels
- A pair of jeans with a dressy top and heels
- A dressy maxi dress with heels
- A pair of trousers with a dressy top and heels
- A dressy jumpsuit with flats